Defence is a dynamic, challenging and technically complex sector. Fortunately, our designers enjoy solving difficult problems.
DesignInc draws on the specialist skills of our talented team across all our portfolios – education, health, infrastructure, master planning and more to deliver ground-breaking defence facilities, many of which are unseen by the public.
Nevertheless, we are passionate about being a leading partner to challenge and support the defence sector. It is a privilege to develop high-quality, dependable environments for defence personnel, who serve our nation in many ways. We are equally proud and humbled to assist these people to deliver their best.
Our defence clients are reassured by DesignInc’s extensive experience and deep knowledge in the sector and our long track record of collaborating in partnership across many project typologies, knowing their project is in capable hands.
Our defence experience includes:
- Multi-layered stakeholders and approval processes
- AGSVA Baseline + NV1 security clearance
- Commonwealth Defence Estates
- Barracks redevelopment and adaptive reuse of existing buildings
- Training and support facilities
- Large scale buildings
- Electronics research laboratories
- Through life maintenance facilities
- Secure and classified office accommodation
- Defence manufacturing facilities
- Environmental test facilities
- Satellite communication facilities
Every time we take on a new defence project we get to learn about that capability and experience a new site, a new location and the challenges associated with that environment. Because we’ve got offices in numerous cities we can team up, depending on the location, and help deliver the project by bringing the subject matter expertise and gaining experience from what the other studios are good at too.Doug McCusker
Senior Associate, DesignInc Adelaide
Defence is a multi-faceted sector and requires technical capability to meet the functional requirements of each project. Equally, designing for defence is about people too, and making sure they are supported to do their work, which is critically important to Australia.Cathryn Drew-Bredin
Director, DesignInc Sydney